Trends come and go in affiliate marketing, but one trend that seems to be sticking around is the CPA Network. Also known as cost-per-action, pay-per-action and cost-per-acquisition, CPA is a proving to be more cost effective and reliable than many of the pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns that have monopolized affiliate marketing in the past.
The reason for the success and popularity of CPA Networks? It’s the fact that merchants and website owners do not have to pay for advertising unless it benefits their business in some way. Much different from pay-per-click campaigns in which the merchant pays for a click on a link whether it brings about a sale or productive site visit or not, CPA networks are based on performance marketing. This type of marketing means that merchants only pay the affiliate webmasters (also known as publishers) when a desired action takes place.
Desired actions or acquisitions may include a download from a website, a site registration, newsletter sign-up or a product purchase. Regardless of the action, the idea with CPA is that the merchant is seeing an actual benefit to his/her business. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case with PPC campaigns, which is why too many Internet marketers experience PPC draining their bank accounts rather than filling them.
CPA networks provide an alternative to paying for ads upfront and are great options for marketers who are starting out with little funds to contribute to advertising efforts. It can be discouraging for a new Internet marketer to find that advertising expenses are more than profits. In fact, many new business owners give up when they experience this scenario. But with the performance-based marketing innate in CPA Networks, business owners can be certain that they only pay when they see real results.
In order to get involved in CPA, you will need to join a CPA Affiliate Marketing Network. These networks offer a way for you to benefit from CPA while having a middle-man (the network) doing the work for you. For example, the network serves as a liaison between merchants and affiliate webmasters, looking out for the best interests of each in order to achieve ultimate success with advertising efforts. By ensuring the right ads are placed on the right websites, the networks benefit both merchants and webmasters and make the relationship lucrative for each.
While there are many existing CPA networks online, it makes sense to be selective before you join a network. Learn as much as you can about the network, the businesses and websites that are network members as well as the network’s track record for success. Research, just like in any area of Internet marketing, really pays off when you are deciding the right CPA network for your business.
CPA networks are proving to be more than another Internet marketing fad. What’s more, they are nearly risk-free, as you only have to pay once your business has experienced results. This makes CPA networks one affiliate marketing trend to follow.
Twitter is a very active tool that can be used in the social media optimization. Every webmaster is trying to use this efficient tool to get his website optimized in the best possible way. However, like any other internet marketing program, twitter too needs a planned strategy that can ensure profitable results in a stipulated time period. So, here, we discuss a few major tips that one must include in his SMO strategy to reap the best out of twitter.
• One fifth of Twitter accounts have never posted a single tweet: Around 21 percent of the total twitter accounts are entirely idle placeholders, who might have registered to secure a username for future use or simply to experiment with the tool.
• Only 6 percent of the accounts carry more than 100 followers: Considering twitter as a recent upcoming social media optimization tool and the fact that people mostly create an account on twitter to experiment this tool, it has been found that only 6 percent of the total twitter users have over 100 followers. The rest 94 percent exhibits considerable low followership.
• March and April were blissful for Twitter: During these two months, many famous celebrities created an account on twitter and launched their quests to have more than a million followers. This provided an easier and a much simpler way to many for entering the podium of social media.
• Manageability gets out of control after 150: It is noticed that twitter followers tend to follow back till 150 followers. However, beyond that number of connections, the reciprocation rate seems to have been fallen down radically. Such a situation hints that after 150 connections, people choose to shift from using Twitter for more personal use rather than sharing their happenings with everyone in the list.
• Tuesday is for Twitter: Research reports have clearly shown that Tuesday receives the highest number of tweets and is further followed by Wednesday and Friday, when retweets happens the most. Every individual using twitter for his/her social media optimization purposes must keep this in mind.
• Twitter is home to social media geeks: This is no revelation. More than 15% of Twitter users following over 2000 people are internet marketers who are using it for the purpose of social media optimization. They create an account on twitter to post their updates every day and use it frequently for direct communication.
• A small minority creates most of the activity: Small minority of actively engrossed content creators generate the highest rate of the activity on a site. However, such a thing is common on other social networking sites too but on Twitter its presence is much more profound. Statistically, it has been pointed out that around 5% of users account for 75% of all activity, and 10% of users account for 86%. This clearly indicates that the site has procured a huge percentage of audience clear of those who mainly come with the purpose of social media optimization.
No, it’s not a secret language. Neither is it classified information. SMO or Social Media Optimization is a very trendy acronym that’s been playing around online marketing communities since the power of social networking sites like Orkut, Facebook, Digg, MySpace, Yahoo! 360, etc. were realized by the same. With the goal being to move beyond common e-marketing methods like SEO [Search Engine Optimization], SMO is a very useful tactic that can be applied to reach a far wider audience and tap into a larger network of bloggers, vloggers, businesses and even casual surfers.
RSS feeds, with their immediate update alert options, have empowered businesses utilizing SMO tactics even more. The target audience can have access to your content as soon as it is updated or modified. They can tag, book mark, vote for, recommend or even promote your website with the various options available on most social networking sites.
Through an interesting and relevant profile, you can have easy access to similar communities, like-minded individuals, associate businesses and the like. Once your website and business’ credibility is established, all the above parties participate in carrying your message across by providing links and track backs to your page or profile. Brand awareness is thus created at no cost whatsoever with such simple and easy e-marketing.
At Clear Media Online, our Search engine optimizers recognize the power SMO holds in today’s socially compact world. We are proficient in creating interesting and appealing profiles for our clients allowing them to take their businesses to the next level. Our e-marketing strategies not only optimize our client’s brand awareness, but also ensure that they attain optimum visibility in social media searches besides regular search engine searches.