Today’s Business it is found that email marketing is a productive and cost-effective means of generating sales. The cost of sending a direct mail piece by postal service runs over a dollar whereas the cost of sending email is negligible. Analysts say getting even one percent response rate from direct mail is rare but an email marketing campaign can easily fetch a five to ten percent response rate. The benefit of email marketing is not confined to increased sales and lead generation. It also significantly helps to create powerful brand awareness and improved customer relationships.
Email marketing is one of the best ways of gaining publicity for your business online. As the number of email users is swelling by the day, more and more businesses are choosing email marketing as their primary advertising campaign. Email marketing is cheap, fast and more importantly – effective. Email marketing is extremely productive and brings good ROI (Return on Investment) for internet marketers.
If you are planning to start an internet business or if you are already an existing internet business owner, it is beneficial to implement email marketing in your web business promotion strategy. A well planned email marketing campaign can help you boost sales for your on-line as well as off-line business.
Before embarking on your email marketing campaign, it is critically important that you clearly understand the difference between proper email marketing and spam. If you fail to learn the distinction, you may seriously hurt your business. Spam is very unethical way of internet marketing. Simply stated, it means sending promotional email messages to people who did not solicit that information. If you try to spam, you may be even be banned by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) completely disabling you from sending messages from your email account again.
A much better and healthy method is opt-in email marketing. Contrary to spam it is permission based, which means that people have agreed to receive emails from you. This way of marketing is preferred by many businesses and it brings very good results. Unsolicited email marketing or spamming brings very low response rates. It’s not targeted, which means that email message goes to people who are not interested in your offer. A majority of people will not even look at your spam email, so it is not possible to obtain good response rates using unsolicited advertising.
One of the most important elements of your email marketing campaign is the content of your promotional message. Learning how to write an effective message or follow up email messages is an essential step of your email marketing campaign. Write your message only to those people whom you consider likely prospects.
Write your message individually putting his or her name in the message. Do not send out a collective message by addressing ‘dear subscriber’. For all that smart targeting, it’s still hard to get people to open e-mails unless they recognize the sender immediately.
Write interesting headlines as these are immediately get noticed. Make sure your headline arouses interest of the recipient if you want your message to be opened and read. Give your prospects the option to unsubscribe from your list. If you retain them against their will, you may be accused of spam. So provide removal instructions at the end of your message all the time.
Email marketing is a unique way of developing long-standing relationship with your existing and prospective customers. If you are really serious about your on-line or off-line business, email marketing is a cost-effective way of promoting your products and services.
Internet marketing is a huge business opportunity. The ways to make money, the number of things to sell and the number of people to deal with are almost without limit. The problem with the size and number of things to sell is that it’s easy to become unfocused and try to make money with too many things at the same time. You must stay focused and operate in a small area or soon you can be overwhelmed with all the different directions you’ll be going and your business will likely go upside down. This is where strategic internet marketing can come to the rescue.
Trying to come up with a solid internet marketing plan is probably the hardest thing about making money online. There are a lot of thing you need to think about, such as building a website, how the website will be developed, how it will marketed plus many other things. The website is just a small part of your overall business plan. You still have to think about what the market is doing, how you can fit into the market, how to work with your customers, who and where are your potential buyers, how you are going to attract visitors and literally dozens of other considerations. All of these things will be a part of your internet marketing strategy. With so many things to think about what should your priority be?
Now is when you need to start putting a strategic internet marketing plan into motion. The strategy is to figure out your potential market and where your business is going to come from. You must study your potential buyers and determine what they want to buy. You will need to study your competition to see where you will fit into the business that already established. How will you attract your customers and what you’ll need to do to make them repeat buyers?. Its a fairly well known fact that if you don’t have a well thought out internet marketing strategy you are setting yourself up for failure.
Why is strategic internet marketing important? Because it helps you outline your business goals distinctly and enables you to make your objectives clear. Although you need a solid plan it needs to be flexible enough to be able to change it if there is a drastic change in the market or your circumstances.
In order to start your internet marketing strategy there are a number of points you need to think about. Here are 6 of what are probably the most important ones. These will help you outline your plan and help you keep you internet marketing business on the right path to success.
1. You need to start by figuring out what your target market is. There are a number of questions you need to find the answers to. These include: what type of people are going to supply most of your income, where will these people come from, how much extra money will they have to spend, what will be their age group, etc. The answers to these questions will help you decide who you customers will be.
2. Strategic internet marketing doesn’t stop with just figuring out who your customers are. You must also define who your competitors will be and what their weakness and strengths are in the marketplace. Once you know these things you can plan a strategy to set your business apart from them. Give your potential customers a choice of you or your competition. Make sure you look better than your competitor in some way or it won’t be good for you.
3. For your internet business to succeed your target buyer must be willing to shop online. Although shopping online is very safe there are still people who are afraid to make purchase on the internet. You will need to reassure your customers that their transaction will be without problems and that it will be very secure. Make sure you have enough payment options so that they will have a choice that will help convince them to shop with you.
4. Even though you will have already started your business before you can determine the marketability of your product, you study sellers offering the same or a similar product. If your product is known to most people but no one is selling it there is probably a reason. By going to chat rooms and forums you can get a pretty good idea of where you product stands. Do enough research to make sure you have something that will sell.
5. Your internet marketing strategy must have the ability to turn your customers into repeat buyers. Make sure you can spin off your product or create improvements to you original product to get them to buy again. A list of 100 buyers is probably worth more than a list of 1,000 people who have shown interest in your product but haven’t purchased it.
6. You will need to have a money back guarantee. Most people won’t purchase in today’s market without one. Even though it’s true that you can’t please everyone be ready to give an unhappy customer their money back immediately. You should try to offer them something free just for trying your product. Most of them will appreciate it and may even become a customer later on. If nothing else it may create a positive instead of a negative to your business.
Strategic internet marketing is like hunting with a guide who knows the area and the game you’re hunting like the back of his hand. Without the guide you may get lost or if you don’t you will probably never see any game because you’re looking in the wrong place.
One thing you have to keep in mind is that your customers won’t come looking for you. This is the reason you need to be looking for them with a strategic internet marketing plan as your guide.
Trends come and go in affiliate marketing, but one trend that seems to be sticking around is the CPA Network. Also known as cost-per-action, pay-per-action and cost-per-acquisition, CPA is a proving to be more cost effective and reliable than many of the pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns that have monopolized affiliate marketing in the past.
The reason for the success and popularity of CPA Networks? It’s the fact that merchants and website owners do not have to pay for advertising unless it benefits their business in some way. Much different from pay-per-click campaigns in which the merchant pays for a click on a link whether it brings about a sale or productive site visit or not, CPA networks are based on performance marketing. This type of marketing means that merchants only pay the affiliate webmasters (also known as publishers) when a desired action takes place.
Desired actions or acquisitions may include a download from a website, a site registration, newsletter sign-up or a product purchase. Regardless of the action, the idea with CPA is that the merchant is seeing an actual benefit to his/her business. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case with PPC campaigns, which is why too many Internet marketers experience PPC draining their bank accounts rather than filling them.
CPA networks provide an alternative to paying for ads upfront and are great options for marketers who are starting out with little funds to contribute to advertising efforts. It can be discouraging for a new Internet marketer to find that advertising expenses are more than profits. In fact, many new business owners give up when they experience this scenario. But with the performance-based marketing innate in CPA Networks, business owners can be certain that they only pay when they see real results.
In order to get involved in CPA, you will need to join a CPA Affiliate Marketing Network. These networks offer a way for you to benefit from CPA while having a middle-man (the network) doing the work for you. For example, the network serves as a liaison between merchants and affiliate webmasters, looking out for the best interests of each in order to achieve ultimate success with advertising efforts. By ensuring the right ads are placed on the right websites, the networks benefit both merchants and webmasters and make the relationship lucrative for each.
While there are many existing CPA networks online, it makes sense to be selective before you join a network. Learn as much as you can about the network, the businesses and websites that are network members as well as the network’s track record for success. Research, just like in any area of Internet marketing, really pays off when you are deciding the right CPA network for your business.
CPA networks are proving to be more than another Internet marketing fad. What’s more, they are nearly risk-free, as you only have to pay once your business has experienced results. This makes CPA networks one affiliate marketing trend to follow.